1. What is VOS?
Virtual Open Schooling can be defined as an educational practice that provides opportunity to learners to study a formal school-based course online and gain credit for certification purpose. Learners can study using asynchronously or synchronously technologies. The courses are based on existing Open Educational Resources, and are built around a learning management system with content stored on online repositories. Digital media integration would facilitate effectiveness of curriculum. Synchronous and asynchronous technologies would facilitate interaction - with peers, with teachers, and with content.
2. What are the courses offered by VOS?
VOS currently offers two courses:-
- Certificate Course in ICT Applications
- Certificate Course in Rural Technology
3. What is the eligibility Criteria for ICT Applications?
A pass certificate in X standard.
4. What is the eligibility Criteria for Rural Technology?
A pass certificate in VIII standard.
5. What is Fee Structure for the courses?
For ICT Applications: Rs.3000/
For Rural Technology: Rs.4000/
6. What is the choice of medium offered by the VOS Courses?
Currently VOS offers its courses in English only.
7. From where should a learner get study materials?
Learners admitted should collect study materials from their respective AIs without any extra payment.
8. What are modes of payment for VOS courses?
Payment can be made ONLINE or through Cheque /DD.
All Cheque and Demand draft payments must be Payable in favor of:
National Institute of Open Schooling,
Sector - 62,
Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh - 201 309.
9. What are the other features available for the user during training sessions?
The User can view video conference sessions, Chat with tutor, friends and Give feedback on the system, WIKI and many more….
10. How much fee should be paid for the study materials?
No extra fee is to be paid for the study materials as this is complete ONLINE training.
11. What are the minimum requirements of PC to do Online Training?
Any system with 1GB RAM with one Browser and 512Mbps Internet Connection.
12. What should the user do when the user face any problem?
For any Query/Enquiry/Problem call at Learner Support Centre (LSC) Toll Free No.18001809393 or send your mail to lsc(at)nios[dot]ac[dot]in
13. Page displays "Internet Explorer cannot display the page". What should the user do?
The error indicates that there is no Internet Connection.
14. How much time should I wait for Login after Registration?
For Online payment mode, users can login immediately....Others have to wait till the mail comes from admin.
15. Does this works in all Browsers?
Yes, this works in all Browsers.